Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Loving Sister and Aunt

As many of you know my oldest sister Erin passed away this January. As a family we went this last Sunday to visit her grave, her gravestone was just placed last week and it was the first time that all of the siblings were together again since her funeral.

I just want to take a moment to share with all of you just how much I love my sister Erin.

I know that for a very long time Erin and I didn't get along, but these past few months without her have been some of the hardest of my life, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. The last few months of her life will always be cherished, I gave birth to Carter right before her last surgery and I will never forget that she didn't want to tell me she was having surgery because she didn't want to take away from my moment. Erin was an amazing person, she showed love and acceptance to everyone. She was a great friend, sister and aunt to Carter and I will forever miss her. I loved her and know I never showed her enough, but I hope somehow she knows just how much I care about her.

7 comments:

Er Bear said...

Carolyn, I didn't even know your sister passed away. I'm so sorry to hear it, but what a sweet post, it made me tear up! we love and miss you guys so much! carter is such a little stud muffin:)

vanessa said...

okay that was so sweet and here i sit crying! i think about her all the time too, i know she knew you loved her!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

What a great post, Care. It was SO fun to be up there with you all this summer. I cried for like 10 minutes after we left. I wonder if we will end up in Logan, but then you guys would probably move! ;) We talk about Carter non stop around here. We miss him so much! Thanks for always hanging out with us and letting us love on your little man. We love you guys to death!

Nikki said...

What a beautiful post Carolyn. You have an amazing family and I know Erin knows how much you love her. I miss you guys!

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Hi sweet Carolyn,

This is a beautiful tribute to Erin. Your family has been in our prayers. Kelli told me you have a blog and I'll definitely check back to see your cute family. You look so happy and Carter is a DOLL...you did good : ) Oh my goodness, you Betz girls make cute babies!! Hope all is well, I get updates from Kel. Love from San Diego! ~Sharlie

mindy said...

Wow!! thank you for sharing that. What a beautiful headstone. My heart goes out to you!

Lacie said...

Carolyn, this post made me so sad! I miss Erin so much, but am so thankful to her for helping me take everyday a little more for what its worth and not care so much what other people think! Her headstone is gorgeous!!

Lacie